Jet2 has announced five new ski routes fort the coming ski season, with three of them to a new destination for the airline, Innsbruck.
The UK's Best Airline has put flights on sale today to the Tyrolean capital, host of the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics, from Birmingham, London Stansted and Manchester – meaning the company will operate over 65 weekly departures to eight ski destinations this coming winter.
Two other new ski routes will be launched by Jet2 for Winter 19/20 – Verona from Manchester and Grenoble from East Midlands.
Altogether Jet2.com currently say they have expanded their ski service and have over 400,000 ski seats on sale for Winter 19/20. These include routes to Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Turin, Lyon, Verona and Barcelona (Andorra), as well as newly added Innsbruck, giving skiers and snowboarders direct access to the French, Austrian, Swiss and Italian Alps as well as the Pyrenees.
In addition to the new routes, the airline say they are adding more flights to Geneva from Birmingham and Edinburgh and additional February school holidays services to Salzburg (from Birmingham, Leeds Bradford and London Stansted), Grenoble (from Manchester and London Stansted) and Turin (from Manchester).
"We enjoyed another successful ski programme last winter, and with skiers and snowboarders already looking ahead to Winter 19/20 so are we. With a brand new ski destination in Innsbruck on top of two new ski routes and more perfectly timed flights at the most popular times, we are putting on our best-ever ski programme.
With more choice and flexibility, skiers and snowboarders can hit the slopes for a weekend, a short break or for longer, whilst flying with our award-winning airline and benefitting from 22kg of baggage and ski allowance," said Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.
Jet2's 2019-20 Ski season Routes include:
• Belfast International – Weekly Saturday service operating to Salzburg.
• Birmingham – Over 50,000 ski seats on sale with services to Innsbruck (weekly Saturday service), Geneva (up to four weekly services), Grenoble (two weekly services), Turin (two weekly services) and Salzburg (weekly service, with second weekly service added during the February school holidays).
• Edinburgh – Over 25,000 seats available with up to two weekly services to Geneva and weekly services to Salzburg and Turin.
• East Midlands – Over 16,000 seats on sale thanks to NEW weekly service to Grenoble every Saturday, as well as weekly Saturday service to Geneva and Salzburg.
• Glasgow – one weekly Saturday service to Grenoble and two weekly flights to Andorra (Barcelona) means over 25,000 seats available.
• Leeds Bradford – the largest ski operator out of Yorkshire with over 70,000 seats on sale to four ski destinations. This includes up to seven services per week to Geneva, four to Andorra (Barcelona) and weekly Saturday service to Grenoble and Salzburg (second weekly service to Salzburg added during the February school holidays).
• London Stansted – over 70,000 ski seats on sale to six ski destinations. This includes Innsbruck (weekly Sunday service) as well as up to seven weekly services to Geneva, and weekly Saturday services to Grenoble, Salzburg, Turin and Lyon. Major expansion during February school holidays when three weekly services to Grenoble and Salzburg will operate.
• Manchester – over 135,000 ski seats on sale to eight ski destinations. This includes new Innsbruck and Verona services, with weekly flights on Saturdays. Up to seven weekly services to Geneva, four weekly services to Andorra (Barcelona), three weekly services to Grenoble (fourth weekly service added during February school holidays), two weekly services to Turin and Salzburg, and weekly Saturday service to Lyon.
• Newcastle – weekly Saturday service to Grenoble means over 6,000 seats available.