Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?

FacebookTwitter

Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?

Started by Berker in Ski Hardware - 6 Replies

Login
To Create or Answer a Topic
J2Ski

Berker posted 29-Oct

Hi, i just bought dalbello ds 100 gw boot. I didn't wear it outdoor yet, i just tried at home and when walking at home there is lot of high volume sound from boot, Is it normal? Is there anything to do to prevent the sound? Thank you.[url]https://youtu.be/BY32HXbXXIU

Daved
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 30-Oct

There seems to be quite a lot of flex as you move ..mine dont flex at all ..have you done them up tight enough ..I reckon it is the sound of the plastic rubbing on itself ..try alittle furniture polish under where the buckles are but I still feel that they shouldnt be able to flex as much as that

Sonofapreacher
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 30-Oct

Looks and sounds ok to me...progressive flex on a relatively soft boot.
Depends if the bootfitter knew what he was doing fit wise but outwardly,looks normal.

Berker
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 31-Oct

daved wrote:There seems to be quite a lot of flex as you move ..mine dont flex at all ..have you done them up tight enough ..I reckon it is the sound of the plastic rubbing on itself ..try alittle furniture polish under where the buckles are but I still feel that they shouldnt be able to flex as much as that
that was not tight enough . I upload new video with maximum tight. Do you have same boot? Is your boot sounds same? Do you hear it when skiing? https://youtu.be/nrAA2i-jE3w

Berker
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 31-Oct

Sonofapreacher wrote:Looks and sounds ok to me...progressive flex on a relatively soft boot.
Depends if the bootfitter knew what he was doing fit wise but outwardly,looks normal.
I couldnt get "progressive flex on a relatively soft boot." What is that mean?

Daved
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 31-Oct

Berker wrote:
daved wrote:There seems to be quite a lot of flex as you move ..mine dont flex at all ..have you done them up tight enough ..I reckon it is the sound of the plastic rubbing on itself ..try alittle furniture polish under where the buckles are but I still feel that they shouldnt be able to flex as much as that
that was not tight enough . I upload new video with maximum tight. Do you have same boot? Is your boot sounds same? Do you hear it when skiing? https://youtu.be/nrAA2i-jE3w


I dont have the same boots but that looks better, mine have never made that noise ..It does sound like plastic rubbing on plastic ..as I said try some spray polish on the inside surfaces ..failing that take them back and see what th shop says

Sonofapreacher
reply to 'Too much Boot flexing sound - Is it normal?'
posted 31-Oct

Don't worry about that sound on new boots.. I wouldn't do anything about it at all,it will groove in in time.
Progressive flex is what the boot is supposed to do to gradually flex the ski as you load the boot and that transmits to the ski.

Now you have tightened the boot up, the boot assumes more rigidity and therefore needs more input to flex.

All looks fine to me.
You need relative softness in a boot dependong how skilled you are at putting your edges in position. if you are very precise...expert...you can afford to have less forgiveness in the boot.
The softer the flex is, the more 'forgiving' the boot is.

Stiff is great if you can handle the compromises it also brings, often at the expense of comfort, which is why even expert skiers dont use out and out race boots because even racers dont want them on their feet more than a few minutes.

All looks fine..the proof will be when you ski them finally.

The only problem i can see is if those boots turn out to be too soft for your skill level.

Topic last updated on 31-October-2020 at 14:37

Not a Member?

FREE Snow Reports by e-mail.

Save on Ski Hire

Save up to 50%

+5% for 4+ Ski Packs

+10% for 10+ Ski Packs

Discount Ski Hire

7th day Free on selected dates

SkiSet

Sponsored Links

Forum Listing Key

Unread Post
Hot Topic
Sticky (important)
Announcement

The views and opinions presented in the J2Ski Forums are solely those of their respective authors and do not represent those of J2Ski Ltd. Objectionable Content may be notified by sending a Private Message to Admin.

J2Ski logo J2Ski logo