J2Ski logo J2Ski logo
Login Forum Search Recent Forums

Carre Neige

To Create or Answer a Topic

Started by Tony_H in France - 37 Replies

J2Ski

AllyG
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Feb-2013

andymol2 wrote:

The Carre Niege won't get me repatriated will it?
It is only for skiing in France?

The Carre Neige insurance says it will repatriate you, rescue you off the mountain, pay your medical bills above what the French NHS pay (up to 3,000 euros), and pay for your lost ski lessons and lift pass:

http://www.carreneige.com/accueil.en.html?PHPSESSID=a0af6edaa384faf7efcea8d7b12370ec

(Oh - you have to go to 'our offers' , 'Alpine more information', 'our coverage')

OUR ALPINE OFFERS
BENEFIT FROM TOP-LEVEL COVERAGE
Rescue and evacuation*

From the moment ski patrollers are sent right up to your transfer to the most appropriate medical facility, Carré Neige is by your side. Totally reassuring!
> In the mountains more than anywhere else, rescue services are crucial. Thanks to Carré Neige, the search, rescue and initial transport costs are all covered.
Additional reimbursement of medical, pharmaceutical and hospitalization costs... !

From the smallest to the more serious injuries, it's totally advantageous
> Because your health is priceless, Carré Neige reimburses the medical costs still incumbent on you after those reimbursed by the national healthcare system and/or your supplementary health insurance up to 3000€ (with a deductible of 46€).
> This coverage applies regardless of the severity of the accident and the amount of costs incurred!

* In France : with no maximum amount; Outside of France: 15,000€ maximum
Repatriation

If you are unable to travel, Carré Neige will take you home, along with the members of your family. Totally practical!
> Mountain holidays are wonderful. But only if you're in shape to enjoy them! So if your condition prevents you from travelling normally, Carré Neige will ensure your repatriation and that of your children under 15, and even bring your vehicle home if necessary.
Ski pass reimbursement and/or ski lessons

With Carré Neige, your unused ski passes and/or ski lessons** are reimbursed. Totally magical!
> Imagine the following : you have an accident on the first day of your holiday and have to go home. Relax!
> In all of these situations and many others, Carré Neige reimburses your unused ski passes and/or ski lessons**.

Edited 1 time. Last update at 28-Feb-2013

Birdymiller
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Feb-2013

Tony,try go insure,I'm a bit of stickler for looking for deals on insurance as their's so much variation on price for the same cover and this cost me an extra tenner on top of regular travel ins and when i read small print,as you must for winter sports activities as you know,it covers everything except off piste,which i know is whay you're looking for,so see if they'll do an add on. It's the same with skis i chose to rent and they always ask you to take out ins in case they get nicked,mine covers me,so no need. :)

Adam67
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Feb-2013

Andymol, you wouldnt mind sharing who your insured with would you?

Pole Plant
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Mar-2013

Regarding paying the people to get you off the mountain in case of injury with the Carre Neige you will be attended to immediately without having to provide proof of insurance as the insurance information is on your lift pass. Also, if you don't have the carre neige insurance you will have to pay for all the helicopter, ambulance etc. up front and then attempt to claim it all back when you get home. Buy the carre neige.

Andymol2
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Mar-2013

Adam67 wrote:Andymol, you wouldnt mind sharing who your insured with would you?

Direct travel.

I think they are US owned (so won't cover me to travel to Cuba) but do cover off piste without a guide not that I do much off piste stuff but you do hear of insurance companies getting out of paying when you've cut across between pistes. (Presumably because in the USA they don't have such a clear definition of on & off piste within the ski area)
Not yet had to claim so the proof of the pudding is yet to come.
The other reason is that their annual policy allows those on a family policy to travel independently of the policyholder.
Andy M

Edited 1 time. Last update at 01-Mar-2013

Adam67
reply to 'Carre Neige'
posted Mar-2013

Thanks Andy. I don't do much off piste either, just occasionally after a dump?! Kids like to mess about off the side of the piste too. I just need the reassurance we are covered if someone does their knee ligaments or similar. I'm not one for going for the cheapest policy I can find, thinking I have got a good deal. Its no deal at all if you are not covered. Thanks again.

Topic last updated on 01-March-2013 at 09:35