Started by Iceman in France - 77 Replies
I think I will be staying with good ol' safe France again in 2013 (unless come Nov I see conditions in Austria like we did this year!).
2013 I want to do things a bit different:-
1. 3 Valleys - been there done that (last season). Dont fancy
2. Espace Killy - to darn expensive and been there numerous times
3. PDS - Been there done that in Winter & Summer, getting a bit bored of it now!
I would like to go somewhere that I have not been before. It must tick the following boxes:
1. Reasonably large ski area
2. Not really pretentious
3. Not full of lads on stag do
4. Good snow record (high up)
5. Well linked (I have done Chamonix about 6 years ago & it was not very well linked up then)
6. Good bars etc
I have thought about ADH, are there any others out there that would fit the bill?
Fits the ski bill.
Only stayed in Samoens though and unfortunately I don't think the nightlife is up to much, though I know there's an Irish bar.
Iceman wrote:Ah yes, forgot about The 2 alps. Isnt serre chev a bit small?
For skiing I would put Les Arcs above Serre Chevalier and Les Deux Alpes, but these are both good resorts/places to ski.
Have a look at http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/posts/list/12324.page for SC (read on for further comments). As I said I would love to go to SC with good/great snow conditions one year.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/posts/list/11775.page#104945 for L2A
If the accomodation, price, etc etc was good I would consider any of these three.
Not a Member?
FREE Snow Reports by e-mail.
Please Share if you like this page
Forum Listing Key
The views and opinions presented in the J2Ski Forums are solely those of their respective authors and do not represent those of J2Ski Ltd. Objectionable Content may be notified by sending a Private Message to Admin.