Started by Iceman in France 06-Sep-2012 - 77 Replies
I think I will be staying with good ol' safe France again in 2013 (unless come Nov I see conditions in Austria like we did this year!).
2013 I want to do things a bit different:-
1. 3 Valleys - been there done that (last season). Dont fancy
2. Espace Killy - to darn expensive and been there numerous times
3. PDS - Been there done that in Winter & Summer, getting a bit bored of it now!
I would like to go somewhere that I have not been before. It must tick the following boxes:
1. Reasonably large ski area
2. Not really pretentious
3. Not full of lads on stag do
4. Good snow record (high up)
5. Well linked (I have done Chamonix about 6 years ago & it was not very well linked up then)
6. Good bars etc
I have thought about ADH, are there any others out there that would fit the bill?
Fits the ski bill.
Only stayed in Samoens though and unfortunately I don't think the nightlife is up to much, though I know there's an Irish bar.
Iceman wrote:Ah yes, forgot about The 2 alps. Isnt serre chev a bit small?
For skiing I would put Les Arcs above Serre Chevalier and Les Deux Alpes, but these are both good resorts/places to ski.
Have a look at http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/posts/list/12324.page for SC (read on for further comments). As I said I would love to go to SC with good/great snow conditions one year.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/posts/list/11775.page#104945 for L2A
If the accomodation, price, etc etc was good I would consider any of these three.
Topic last updated on 03-October-2012 at 11:22