French Ski Season Start in February "Highly Improbable" Say Government
Started by J2SkiNews in Ski News 20-Jan-2021 - 8 Replies
reply to 'French Ski Season Start in February "Highly Improbable" Say Government' posted 25-Jan
This news story relates to the open or closed status of a ski resort and/or a country or region's decisions on whether it will be possible for you to actually ski there if it does report a resort is open or opening. That depends very much on where you live. You should note.
• Ski resorts can open or close at any time depending on government rules in the country where the resort is located (and the weather). Rules differ from country to country around the world.
• Rules on whether you are allowed to travel from the country or part of country from which you live to wherever the ski resort is can vary at any time. Whilst the country you live in may say you can leave, the country you're heading to may not let you in, or vice versa.
• The country where you live and the country where the ski resort is in may also have tiered regional restrictions that vary depending on which part of the country you live in or which part of the country the ski resort in.
• For British people without dual passports and who are resident in the UK, the delayed implication of Brexit rules and the almost simultaneous discovery of a new more virulent strain of the virus have caused additional travel restrictions and complications at present.
• Travel is currently often more difficult due to limited rail and air services operating.
• Travel insurance is not likely to be valid if you travel in the pandemic. The UK has also voluntarily left the EHIC health insurance scheme (apparently not actually required under Brexit but did it anyway).
• Trying to ignore the issues above and travel to go skiing anyway could result in prosecution and a possible jail sentence in some countries.
Topic last updated on 25-January-2021 at 10:03