Started by Admin in Ski Training Camps and Courses
The 9th annual British Freeskiing performance training Camps, in association with Freeski Britain, will be held this summer in Saas Fee, Switzerland on the following weeks:
11th - 18th July
18th - 25th July
25th July - 1st Aug
1st Aug - 8th Aug
ABOUT THE CAMPS
The British Freeski Camps 2009 (www.britishfreeskicamps.com ) will be focused once again on bringing the British freeskiing community closer together and building a basis for training riders to become top level New School Freestyle skiers, Big Mountain competitors and Moguls competition skiers. The camps are not elitist and also give less experienced skiers who have never had the chance to ride the park a unique learning and confidence building experience for freestyle skiing.
Saas-Fee is currently the top summer skiing glacier due to the snow quality and the shaping in the Saas-Fee snowpark. Because of the terrain available in the summer in Saas-Fee, the camps also have the opportunity to test skiers on steeps, moguls and amazing well groomed pistes. Because of the amazing winter that we've just had in Europe the Saas-Fee glacier is the best it's been since 1999 so great conditions are guaranteed.
During the camps you'll also get the chance to witness the Saas Fee Ride 09, an international level Freeski competition with some of Europe's top riders and also the best of British. See last year’s event live right now on www.saasfeeride.com . The date of this year’s Saas Fee Ride 09 is 18th July.
The camp will feature an all-star line up of coaches and technical staff including:
- Warren Smith - Freeride / Moguls / Biomechanics
- Pat Sharples - Freestyle / Freeride / Trampoline
- Andy Bennett - Freestyle / Moguls / World Cup Half Pipe
- Dave Young - Freestyle / Filming Specialist
- Nick Southwell - Freeride / Freestyle
- Paddy Graham - Freestyle / Trampoline
- Phil Hopper - Freeride / Freestyle / Personal Performance
- Rob Taylor - Freestyle / Trampoline
- James Woods - Freestyle / Trampoline
- Joe Tyler - Freestyle / Trampoline
WHO IS IT FOR
The camps cater for the following levels of skier:
- Pro Freeskiers / Pro Freestyle Skiers / Moguls Competitors - LEVEL 6
- Aspiring Pro's / Ski Instructors working on Freestyle Level / Expert Skiers - LEVEL 5
- Freestyle Ski Enthusiasts / Advanced Skiers with some park experience - LEVEL 4
- Recreational Skiers with confidence but no park experience - LEVEL 3
- Recreational Skier with no park experience - LEVEL 2
- Intermediate Skiers - LEVEL 1
- Skiing each day will start at approximately 8.30am and finish at 1pm
- Coaching will cater for Half Pipe, Big Air, Rails, Big Mountain Freeride and Moguls. Also personal performance for each individual skier working on their own skiing technique. Wednesday is a day off coaching and a day to freeski
- Trampoline training afternoons every other day
- Off Piste awareness sessions
- Video analysis of days activities at hotel video room
- There will be several groups to cater for different ability levels from pro to first time park participant. Skier levels range from Intermediate to Expert. Please also note that there will be a group available to cater for parents wishing to receive coaching whilst in Saas-Fee.
- Ski Biomechanics workshops
- Advice forums on 'Getting Sponsored' for up and coming rippers
- Chance to star in the latest British Freeride movies
- Chance to feature in all the major British ski magazines in Autumn 2009
- Dry Land Training sessions
- Other activities - golf, basketball, volleyball, swimming, archery, football, tennis (basically anything and everything!)
HOTEL: This option is 1/2 board at the Hotel Dom in the centre of Saas-Fee. All rooms have TV and en suite facilities. You will also have the use of the Hotel's Internet facilities, TV Room, Pool room, Bar and Restaurant. The hotel also has the town's most kicking bar, the Popcorn, on site. The Hotel package is £599 (Accommodation, Coaching + Lift Pass)
Book one of www.swiss.com , www.easyjet.com , www.britishairways.com to Geneva. Once you get to Geneva airport there will be transfer coaches organised to pick you up and drive you direct to Saas-Fee. The transfer cost is £90 return. The transfer coaches will be leaving Geneva Airport at 1pm and 5.30pm so please book flights accordingly. The coach will return to Geneva at 9.30am and 1pm on the following Saturday.
Please make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance that covers winter sports.
PRICE - HOTEL PACKAGE
1 Week - £599
2 Weeks - £1149 (£50 reduction)
3 Weeks - £1699 (£100 reduction)
4 Weeks - £2249 (£150 reduction)
Coaching fees, Accommodation, 6 Day Lift Pass, Ski Biomechanics Assessment, Video Analysis, Trampoline Training, Ski Fitness Training.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
Travel, Transfer to resort, Insurance, Equipment Hire.
All bookings for the British Freeski Camps 2009 need to be made through the website, www.britishfreeskicamps.com. On the site you will see a green 'Book a Course'‚ tab. Click here for the booking page. Once you have booked online you will be emailed an invoice and payment plan for the camps. An initial £50 deposit is required to secure your place.
All other questions that need answering please email us through the Contact page of the British Freeski Camps website.
Not a Member?
FREE Snow Reports by e-mail.
Save on Ski Hire
Save up to 50%
+5% for 4+ Ski Packs
+10% for 10+ Ski Packs
7th day Free on selected dates
Please Share if you like this page
Forum Listing Key
The views and opinions presented in the J2Ski Forums are solely those of their respective authors and do not represent those of J2Ski Ltd. Objectionable Content may be notified by sending a Private Message to Admin.