What if you ski friends begin "to flap"

What if you ski friends begin "to flap"
Started by Pavelski in Ski Technique - 22 Replies
Login
To Create or Answer a Topic
May-2012
Pavelski
You all have this problem.

Summer time. Sun. Working in garden and along comes your ski friend and begins to "flap" about;
-that great powder day
-that women he met who forgot to give him,,,,,
-the run with no one but us
-going to New Zealand for a few weeks
-
- ( you can fill in rest )

What do I do ?

Lean back some more and fall into the roses

Put pressure on my rake, lean forward and rake up earth while he talks

Get inside, get ski boots, skis and take plane for heaven.

What do I do ?
May-2012
Steverandomno
It sounds like you are your friends ski sponsor. You just haven't acknowledged this. He needs your support.

Put on bobble hat or ski helmet, get out deck chairs and beers lean back and embrace the reminiscence.
May-2012
Daved
log into J2ski
May-2012
Pavelski
In order to have this long long happy marriage ( I am trying to beat Dave Macs record ) we have a rule in this family.

No mention ( in any form or way ) of skiing or ski related issues from May to September.

My "flappy" friends now invite me to their houses for those "winter" seminars.

My wife feels the J2ski crowd has too much influence over me.

The one problem ( for wife ) is when ski companies pay for a "special marketing conference" in another country.
May-2012
Admin
pavelski wrote:No mention ( in any form or way ) of skiing or ski related issues from May to September.



...he he, my lady loves the way me and my boys stop talking skiing in the summer... and turn our thoughts to motor racing and surfboards...
May-2012
Pavelski
Seriously, want to differentiate the "holiday, weekend skiers" and the fanatics ?

Just read this site. Who else ( in summer) is reading this post?

Rather than complain about summer,,,,think of this season as a "preparation" for better moments coming.

The trick is to never let; wife, girlfriend, boss, fellow workers know your really your passion ( I have a fellow from Serbia who knows when I am on line and comes in for advice or a ski fix )

One great trick ( please keep to yourself, since does not yet know this one )
While she is shopping ( several hours,,,,,) go to ski shop and make list of items you need for next year.

Visit ski technician and have a chat about,,,,,,,, They tend to be lonely in June, July and August and need TLC .

I will soon post 10 summer ski survival activities for the passionate skier.

I am sure you all have many more.
May-2012
Ian Wickham
pavelski wrote:Seriously, want to differentiate the "holiday, weekend skiers" and the fanatics ?

Just read this site. Who else ( in summer) is reading this post?

Rather than complain about summer,,,,think of this season as a "preparation" for better moments coming.

The trick is to never let; wife, girlfriend, boss, fellow workers know your really your passion ( I have a fellow from Serbia who knows when I am on line and comes in for advice or a ski fix )

One great trick ( please keep to yourself, since wife does not yet know this one )
While she is shopping ( several hours,,,,,) go to ski shop and make list of items you need for next year.

Visit ski technician and have a chat about,,,,,,,, They tend to be lonely in June, July and August and need TLC .

I will soon post 10 summer ski survival activities for the passionate skier.

I am sure you all have many more.


In my house hold we talk skiing Summer and winter
May-2012
Far Queue
pavelski wrote:In order to have this long long happy marriage ( I am trying to beat Dave Macs record ) we have a rule in this family.

No mention ( in any form or way ) of skiing or ski related issues from May to September.




Damn, that must be what I'm doing wrong and why I'm still single. I need to find a lady (or Lady if I want to ski some of those really posh places) who thinks about skiing all year too

The views and opinions presented in the J2Ski Forums are solely those of their respective authors and do not represent those of J2Ski Ltd. Objectionable Content may be notified by sending a Private Message to Admin.

Please Share if you like this page